Kurt Russell reveals what made him join Guardians of the Galaxy
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Back in July Gunn was fired by Disney after controversial joke tweets he wrote between 2008 and 2012 resurfaced.
Despite a joint statement by the Guardians of the Galaxy cast, attempts to get him rehired proved to be to no avail.
In September he told Tulsa World: "I know that they have every intention of using the script that my brother wrote."
Originally Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 was set for a late 2019 shoot before an early 2020 release, but now it looks like production will be somewhat delayed.
After all, Drax star Dave Bautista has stated he's not sure if he will return for the threequel because he is in no way happy with how Gunn was fired.
According to Production Weekly , Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 will start shooting in February 2021.
The project has a working title of Hot Christmas, but no director replacement has been announced yet.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 filming DELAYED to 2021 – NEW director reveal soon? (Image: MARVEL)
Sean Gunn says his brother’s script will still be used for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (Image: MARVEL/GETTY)
Nevertheless, there are a couple of obvious choices for the new Guardians director.
Firstly there's Taika Waititi who directed Thor Ragnarok last year and in many ways would be a perfect fit for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3.
The main reason being that Ragnarok was very similar in tone, style and setting to the Guardians films.
Both are very funny, brightly coloured and solely set in the cosmic part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – i.e. not Earth. Having proven his talent with Ragnarok, it would make a lot of sense for Waititi to take on the film having already shown he can handle a threequel.
James Gunn directed the first two Guardians of the Galaxy movies (Image: MARVEL)
Then there are the Russo Brothers who have directed Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers Infinity War and are now editing Avengers 4.
But most crucially of all, they're the only other filmmakers who have directed the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 will likely be released in 2021 or 2022.
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3' to Reportedly Start Filming in Early 2019 in Atlanta
- James Gunn Clarifies Adam Warlock's Status for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Could We See Mark Hamill in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'?
- Mark Hamill Speaks out on Possibly Appearing in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'
- James Gunn Breaks Silence About Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Reinstatement
- Tom Holland's Uncharted Movie Gets A New Director
- The New Director of
- DC Films Producer Thinks James Gunn Will Unify Marvel, DC Fans
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Teases Adam Warlock's MCU Casting
- James Gunn Says He's Never Talked to Mark Hamill About Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Role
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 filming DELAYED to 2021 – NEW director reveal soon? have 645 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on U.S News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.