There is another Hoi An that is charming, peaceful, picturesque, and fascinating in these photos taken by a Vietnamese photographer when he visited this historic town this month.
Nestled along the central coast of Vietnam, Hoi An is an attraction to both domestic and foreign visitors.
The small town was recognized as a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO in 1999.
It is located downstream of the Thu Bon River in the coastal delta of Quang Nam Province, 30km south of the central hub of Da Nang.
The ensuing pictures were captured by Tran Bao Hoa, a photographer from the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak, as he visited the town in late December.
“I could not describe my feelings when I came to Hoi An then,” Hoa said.
“I have been there for many times but never have I seen it that fanciful.
“I just grabbed the camera and depicted a very beautiful and heavenlike town.”
Hoi An was unusually captivating against the moonlight at four in the morning, the photographer said, remarking it appeared miraculous amid the clouds at dawn while conjuring up a pang of nostalgia at dusk.
In 2019, Vietnam will celebrate the 20th anniversary of Hoi An being recognized as a World Heritage Site.
The local administration will organize an event to mark this milestone at the Ky Uc Hoi An stage, located in Cong Vien An Tuong Hoi An Park in Hoi An City, on December 31.
About 3,000 lanterns will be lit alongside a colorful fireworks display and a musical performance at the event.
Why not grab your bags and come to Hoi An?
|Ancient houses in Hoi An|
|What a scene!|
|Hoi An at four in the morning|
|Hoi An at dusk|
|Hoi An at night|
|Hoi An alongside the Thu Bon River|
|Boats dock in Hoi An|
|Let’s visit Hoi An!|
- Vietnam among best countries for retirement
- ‘Stairways to heaven’ Insta-tourist traps raise eyebrows in Vietnam
- Climate change to cost Vietnam 14.5% of GDP by 2050: WB
- Climate change may cost Vietnam 14.5% of GDP by 2050: WB
- Hoi An, Phu Quoc listed among world’s leading destinations by US magazine
- Southern provinces told to brace for severe weather this year
- Vietnam to witness unusual, extreme weather till year end
- The Indonesia beyond Bali is brimming with vibrant communities and customs
- Vietjet to launch new air routes to key Indian cities from September
- French photographer who immortalises Saigon architecture
Lifestyle Vietnam’s Hoi An appears heavenlike in aerial photos First tropical storm of 2019 threatens southern Vietnam have 409 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 29, 2018. This is cached page on U.S News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.