08:08 | 21/10/2019
VGP – The National Assembly will ratify the Supplementary Treaty to the 1985 Treaty on the Delimitation of National Boundaries and the 2005 Supplementary Treaty between Viet Nam and Cambodia at its 8th working session that opened on Monday.
Tentative agenda of the 14th National Assembly’s 8th Working Session from October 21 to November 27, 2019
The above news was released by Nguyen Hanh Phuc, Chairman of the National Assembly Office and Secretary General of 13th National Assembly at a press conference on Friday.
The Legislature will also approve Protocol on land border demarcation and marker planting between the two countries, Phuc said.
The 2019 Treaty was signed by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen in Ha Noi on the occasion of the latter’s official visit to Viet Nam from September 4-5.
Viet Nam and Cambodia share the border line of 1,245km passing 10 provinces of Viet Nam and nine provinces of Cambodia.
Both sides started boundary delimitation and border marker planting since 1986 on the basis of the signed treaties. As of December 2018, they have completed 84% of the workload.
Also at the 8th working session, the Legislature will debate and pass 13 draft laws and comment on 8 law projects.
Draft laws to be approved include Labor Code (revised), Law on Securities (revised), Law on Libraries, Law on Military Reserve Force, Law on Militia and Self-Defense Forces (revised), Law on Entry and Exit of Vietnamese Citizens, and Law on amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Viet Nam.
The legislators will discuss report on socio-economic performance in 2019, pass socio-economic performance in 2020, consider feasibility report for first construction phase of the Long Thanh International Airport project.
They will also deliberate on an overall plan for socio-economic development in ethnic and mountainous areas among other issues./.
By Huong Giang
- 19th working day of 14th NA’s eighth session
- NA discuss two draft laws, adopt minority ethnic development plan
- EU's Barnier and UK's Davis: terms for Brexit transition period agreed
- Iraqi Kurdistan profile - timeline
- Boris Johnson heads to crucial Brussels summit TODAY: Last-ditch talks go down to the wire after DUP scuppered Brexit draft - but PM and EU remain confident agreement CAN be 'finalised' within hours as even hardliners hail 'great progress'
- EU threatens to delay Brexit until January even if a deal IS struck: France and Germany warn Boris Johnson they would need two months to iron out details... as talks resume this morning after midnight deadline blows by
- Nuclear Abolition: Armageddon to Transformation
- Graham: Every American deserves the right to confront their accuser, including the president
- 'My job is not to represent the world; my job is to represent the United States of America'
- Moment brave cops 'saved hundreds' by killing Dayton gunman Connor Betts, 24, within 30 seconds of rampage as he shoots at screaming revelers with assault rife, killing nine - including his own sister
Infographics: Legislature opens 8th session, plans to ratify new VN-Cambodia Border Treaty have 501 words, post on news.chinhphu.vn at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on U.S News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.