PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A Philadelphia high school community is mourning the death of a student. Seventeen-year-old Alayna Thach has died from COVID, according to a GoFundMe page .
She was a senior at Olney Charter High School.
The Philadelphia Health Department issued a statement sending condolences to the child's family and friends.
Olney Charter sent the following statement to the school community:" As many of you may already be aware, we suffered a terrible loss of one of our peers last night. It is with great sadness that I share the passing of one of our 12th grade students, Alayna Thach. Alayna leaves a tremendous impact on Olney Charter High School and will be remembered as a true leader. This will undoubtedly impact each of us in different ways. I want everyone to know that as a school, we are here to support in any way that we can."
The school says counselors will be available to students.
- ‘He Was A Good Kid’: Family Mourns Weymouth High School Senior Killed In Quincy Shooting
- East Aurora School District 131: COVID-19 Vaccination Sites
- Walmart hit with wrongful death lawsuit after employee dies of COVID-19 complications
- 2 more die of COVID-19 complications in Olongapo
- Boy in Olongapo dies of COVID-19 complications
- Bremen High School Senior, 17, Collapses At Basketball Game, Dies
- More Canterbury schools report positive Covid-19 cases
- Record Number Of High School Seniors Apply To Enroll At UC Berkeley
- How students are returning to school during newest COVID-19 surge
- Legendary coach Tubby Smith steps down at alma mater High Point after contracting COVID-19 for second time
Olney Charter High School Senior Dies Of COVID-19 Complications have 296 words, post on philadelphia.cbslocal.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on U.S News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.