PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fireworks are returning to Philadelphia to celebrate the new year, and they're coming back with an extra bang.
The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is planning three fireworks shows to ring in 2022.
Normally fireworks light up the sky at 6 p.m. on New Year's Eve and again when the clock strikes midnight.
They're adding one more show at 6 p.m. on New Year's Day.
Last year's shows were canceled because of the pandemic.
- Jimmy Fallon celebrates New Year’s Day at Disneyland with wife Nancy Juvonen and two young daughters
- Brit tourist tells how she 'went back in time' to celebrate New Year twice
- Rochelle Humes looks every inch the beach babe in a belted black swimsuit after celebrating New Year's Eve with her family in the Maldives
- Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall have dance off with Rebel Wilson on New Year's Eve in Sydney
- Molly-Mae Hague and Beckhams lead celebs ringing in New Year in lavish style
- Ellie Goulding slips into a black cocktail dress as she parties at New Year's Eve bash in Miami with her personal trainer pal
- Katie Price 'to give up sex, booze and junk food for 2020 New Year's resolution'
- New Year bash: Get disco ready with these metallic lipsticks
- Stephen Clements' haunting New Year's post as he looked forward to 2020
- New Year economy prospers in remote Chinese city
Philadelphia Plans 3 Fireworks Shows To Celebrate New Year have 268 words, post on philadelphia.cbslocal.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on U.S News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.